Thursday, July 9, 2015

Candy Bar Brownies......Anyone?!?!?!


It's that time of year again....picnics, church gatherings, weddings, family reunions.  So that means it is time for.......dessert!  YUM!  I am not too big on sweets (I know, that is crazy), but I do enjoy these "candy bar brownies" and they are always a HUGE hit wherever I take them! 

My family and I were sitting in church the other night and our Vacation Bible School is coming up next week and they had mentioned that they would be needing everyone to make brownies to give out on the last night of VBS.  My husband was on my right side elbowing me and then my oldest son was on my left side elbowing me.....to make sure I heard that so I could make these delicious brownies!  Okay guys, I got the picture.  I will make the brownies! 

This is a very simple recipe.  And, let me just say, you should wait a bit so they will set right and firm up in the middle, but they are oh so very good when they are just out of the oven, hot with a huge scoop of ice cream on top!  Okay, I am making myself hungry and I am thinking I need to go to the store and buy some Hershey bars! 

RECIPE:

Hershey Bar Brownies

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 Family Size boxes of brownie mix
  • 3 Large-Sized Hershey Bars (the big, big ones that they sell separately)
  • Eggs, oil, etc.  all of the ingredients that you use to make the brownies
DIRECTIONS:

  • Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Spray generously.
  • Mix each box of brownie mix in a separate bowl.
  • Pour one whole brownie batch in the 9x13 pan.
  • Place the 3 Hershey Bars side by side on top of the brownie mix.
  • Take remaining box of brownie mix and pour on top of the brownies.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 to 25 minutes.
**Now all ovens are different so just start checking your brownies after about 15 or 20 minutes.  Try to find a spot in the brownies where there isn't a lot of chocolate...that will be hard to do but you will be able to know when they are done.

  • Take them out of the oven and TRY to resist digging in.  Give them time to set up and firm up.  And then enjoy a piece of chocolate Heaven!

~Amy

3 comments: